Holiday Shopping Ideas Promoting STEM
Looking for gift ideas that support education?
The holidays are here which means a lot of you are looking for gift giving ideas.
Items that inspire education and promote STEM can make great gifts. Unfortunately, these gifts might not get the same attention as the 'hot' trending items do.
Below are a few companies that are making toys that are not only fun but build imaginations!
- Goldie Blox
- GoldieBlox is the award-winning children’s multimedia company disrupting the pink aisle in toy stores globally and challenging gender stereotypes with the world’s first girl engineer character. Through the integration of storytelling and STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) principles, GoldieBlox creates toys, books, apps, videos, animation and merchandise; the tools that empower girls to build their confidence, dreams and ultimately, their futures.
- Founded in 1992, K’NEX, a division of Smart Brands International Co., LLC, was established to make and sell what has become one of the world’s leading integrated construction systems for children, and is America’s STEM building solution. Winner of over 370 international awards and recognitions, K’NEX is focused on Building Worlds Kids Love® and encourages youngsters to “imagine, build and play.”
- Snap Circuits
- Snap Circuits® makes learning electronics easy and fun! Just follow the colorful pictures in our manual and build exciting projects, such as FM radios, digital voice recorders, AM radios, burglar alarms, doorbells, and much
STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math) skills are critical as part of 21st century learning. However, exposure to STEM should not be limited to the classroom.
Reasons to include STEM in your holiday shopping:
1. STEM cultiviates innovation.
2. STEM promotes critical thinking.
3. STEM encourages creativity and experimentation.
There are many products available that can be "fun" and inspire problem solving and provoke curiosity. Above are just a few companies for you to consider.